January 25, 2012

Nightmare

I had a nightmare. That same one that repeats every now and then.

I am running from someone evil, for what seems like an eternity. I'm not even sure where I am. All I know is that it's dark, and it feels like the world is closing in.

I run into an abandoned house, and find a creaky circular staircase heading down to a basement. There are no stairs going up, only down.

I run down, down, down the stairs. Never moving fast enough, forced slow motion the way it always is in dreams. My unidentified pursuer always just nipping at my heels.

When I reach the bottom, there is only a small landing space and a rusty orange door leading to a room. I hide inside the room and lock the door, thinking I'm safe in this locked space.

But then I look up, and realize that the room has very high stone walls and no ceiling. My eyes follow the openness all the way to the top of the circular stairs. And standing there at the top is my smiling captor. I have run right into his trap.

Then I wake up. Always immediately after the capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment